My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://standupandspeakoutblog.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Google
 
Web standupandspeakout.blogspot.com

Saturday, September 24, 2005

About Me

My name is Katelyn Sills. (Updated)-- I am a 16-year-old sophomore at Mira Loma public high school in Sacramento. I am in Mira Loma's International Baccalaureate program, which is an honors program that I am hoping to graduate in. Besides having a blog, I am (beginning to be) involved in activities such as the Young Republican's Club, the Junior Statesmen of America, the Christian Club, and Mock Trial. -- I would tryout and play basketball, but then I would hardly be able to get my daily homework done and I wouldn't be able to do anything else. I would also be on the student council, and I was last year, but I got tired of deciding insignificant things like what the Homecoming decorations would be. I also like to play guitar and sing, which I do as part of the music at my church.

I live on an organic farm outside Sacramento. My family grows rice, beans, popcorn, oats, and almonds, among other things. Our family is kind of an oddity being Republican and growing crops organically, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm a conservative and republican, of course. I have been interested in politics from a young age, which I think I learned initially (gasp!) from my parents. But whether I got my interest from them or not, it's definitely not them writing this blog, especially since they don't always agree with me. (Mostly, but not always.) I have worked on the two Bush campaigns, and I even remember myself being disappointed when I heard that Clinton had won when I was about 6. I have to admit that one of the biggest kicks of being a young republican is to be arguing with some liberal online and have them say something like "So why don't YOU run for office" or "Why don't YOU volunteer to go to Iraq" and then you can say that you're not old enough. (I guess they're so used to talking to people with the maturity of 15-year-old that they don't notice or something.)

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home