My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://standupandspeakoutblog.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Google
 
Web standupandspeakout.blogspot.com

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Evolution Discussion

Because I am taking biology (I've already taken physics and chemistry) and the section I am doing now is all about Darwin's theory of evolution, I have decided to have a discussion of evolution on my blog, in light of the recent Intelligent Design controversies. From 2nd grade to 8th grade, I went to a Baptist-run but non-denominational school, so our science books were unsupportive of evolution. But, now I am being officially taught about it for the first time.

Anyway, here is how I understand evolution-

  • There is genetic diversity.
  • Animals with certain genes do better in a certain environment than others do.
  • Those animals that have the better suited genes survive (survival of the fittest.)
  • When one species has multiple environments, it begins change in multiple, separate directions.
  • Eventually, the different sections of the original species change so much that they can no longer interbreed, and are no longer a single species with each other.
While I believe that evolution is at least a possibility, I recognize that atheistic evolution is unreasonable. Something cannot come out of nothing unless someone puts it there.

Also, a fellow member of the Western Alliance (Bill Lama of palosverdesblog) has been posting on certain claims of evolution.

So, is there anyone willing to take it from here?

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home