My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://standupandspeakoutblog.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Google
 
Web standupandspeakout.blogspot.com

Monday, January 02, 2006

3 Column Blog Design and Recent Comments

Edit- The blog is temporarily back to its old design while I work out the bugs.

As you probably noticed, I've changed my blog design to three columns with the help of this template from Thur's Templates. Needless to say, it took a lot of modifications.

Another new feature is the recent comments section on the left side. For a long time, I've been looking for a way to do this with Haloscan comments, after seeing it on some of the other blogs. But, I discovered that if you take the RSS feed for haloscan:

"http://www.haloscan.com/members/rss.php?user=yourusernamehere" (replace "yourusernamehere"),
plug that into a RSS feed viewer (I used RSS to Javascript), and plug the code into your blog, you get a section like the one I have. (You could probably do the same thing with blog posts, only they are xml.) If you do use the directions here to make your own "Recent Comments", please make a link back to this post.

So, hopefully, the new design will be easier to use and more interactive. I've already noticed that the middle section loads last, which could be a problem. Please tell me what you think and make sure to tell me if anything goes wrong.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home