My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://standupandspeakoutblog.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Google
 
Web standupandspeakout.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 05, 2006

CAHS Conservative Death Penalty Discussion

Conservative Schooler at California High School Conservative is having a discussion on the death penalty. He says:

As California prepares to increase the rate of executions in 2006, I would like to have a discussion about the merits and morality of the death penalty.

I have until recently been a huge supporter of the death penalty. However, the Tookie Williams case and conversations with a close friend who opposes the death penalty have pushed me towards being undecided.

I can see both sides of the argument. It certainly seems like common sense that if you take someone’s life, you should lose yours. And I do think that the Death Penalty may have some value in deterring crime.

However, is it really moral to take a life simply for revenge? Does it really make potential murderers think twice before killing? And how do we prevent killing an innocent person?

Those are just some of the issues that I would like to see addressed.

Seriously, I am undecided on this one. Unlike in most cases, you actually may influence my opinion by your comments.


Well, I'm going!

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home